Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Never Give Up

Wow, what a weekend we had. You know, I love having a long weekend, but this weekend was so busy that I didn't have any free time. We had our first football game to attend and this was my daughter's first band performance. She flew by with flying colors and oh, how excited she was after the band performed. She was awesome. After a long Friday night, we got up early on Saturday and went to the barn. Her horse was being a total "stinker" and she was quite determined to get her horse Frenchie, to do well. Frenchie was not going to do what she wanted and my daughter left the barn with tears in her eyes, upset and feeling distraught. I tried to take the chance and talk to her, on the way home, but she closed off her ears to my words. A couple of hours later, she seemed to be alright. Sunday came, and we went to the barn again. In my opinion, Frenchie did MUCH better, but my daughter didn't think so. I had to once again, talk to her, hoping that she would now open her ears to what I was saying. My dear darling daughter, you cannot always look at what you Don't accomplish. You have to look at what you DID accomplish and go from there. Look at the good things that you got done. Think on the positive side and never give up.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I wanted to comment about the band concert. I was HUGE into band when I was in high school. As a matter of fact, I was a drum major and ended up being a clarinet music major in college. I am so glad that she had a good first experience. Marching band is an experience no one can ever take away from me. It was amazing!