Wednesday, September 18, 2013

When Does A Mother Let Go and Accept Her Empty-nestedness ?

It seems like forever that I have written in this blog, and I don't mean to neglect it, but I have had so much happening in my life. As far as my youngest daughter is concerned, I miss her with every fiber of my being. I miss those days of us going out to eat as a family, shopping and going to the grocery store to find the ingredients to bake something special, and I miss just having her around. She was so much company for me. She is now in the Navy as I have said before, and she is doing VERY well for herself. She's learning so much and has a very full- filling life of helping others. That's what she wanted and she has gone straight for her goals. I am a very proud mother. In times of troubles, I always remind her to think things over and not make any quick decisions and to pray about it. She is married now, and they have a child, and he's so freakin adorable. I am a proud grandmother as well. But that still doesn't answer my questions about how to let go. I know that she lives very far away from me now, but still find interest in her daily life and sometimes find myself giving her advice, even when she hasn't asked for it. It's so hard to step back and allow her to make decisions when I am so used to being the one that she always came to. She has her hubby now, and I love him dearly and am proud of the man he is and how wonderfully he treats my daughter. I myself, have a husband who is wonderful, but he doesn't talk much. He doesn't like to discuss anything and I do not have any super close friends.  I have friends, but don't see them much. How do I learn how to step back and just watch?  How do other mother's step back?  Any suggestions?  Maybe I just need to find myself a new hobby....

1 comment:

Blog Mommas said...

"I myself, have a husband who is wonderful, but he doesn't talk much."

I had no idea you had re-married! Congratulations!!!

How about you and your husband take some trips together. Maybe you can join a ladies bible study group. What are some things that you enjoy doing?