Monday, July 15, 2013

That Darned Ole Empty Nest Syndrome Is Bothering Me Again!

It's been only days but it seems like an eternity that I have heard from my youngest daughter, who has been up to her eyeballs in diapers, bottles and a hubby and job, but I miss her so much. I don't think that our children understand how hard it is to just let go of them once they leave. I am missing her being at home, I miss her helping me with every day things like going to the store or the grocery and even out to eat. But she's grown, and she's a long way from home. It's not like I have other kids, I DO!  and I miss them as well, but I guess the other ones have been gone a whole lot longer than my baby.  I am very proud of the young woman that she has become, as well as my other two grown daughters.  They have given me a full life and a ton of love. And each one is different, each in their own way. How do we get over that empty nest feeling? I have been told by many that now is MY time, and for me to enjoy but it's hard to get used to. I know that with time, I will find things to keep myself busy. Now, what kind of hobby do I need to take up?  LOL

No comments: