Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Eating a Balanced Diet

I don't mean to use the word diet, actually but what I am talking about is how you eat daily. What you eat, and how much really does make a difference. Nowdays, they are calling for more fruits and veggies in our daily intake. Being a teen, it's super important to eat a good variety of foods, especially taking in consideration that what you can really affect how you feel. Eating a lot of good leafy veggies and several servings of fruit can leave you feeling more energized. Drinking plenty of water is also good for flushing out the bad stuff from our bodies, as well as helping us keep a cap on how much we eat. Chocolate and cookies, well, most teens like this, and it's really okay, as long as it's in moderation. I also want to mention here, that lean turkey and chicken is good for you too !
Honestly, everything in moderation these days seems to be what we need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I totally agree with your post. My daughter is only 3(almost 4), but I am already making a good habit of her eating good foods. She loves all kinds of fruits & veggies. She eats stuff that some adults do not even like eat. Yes, she eats occasional cookies and what not, but I make sure that she does not over eat those snacks.