Monday, October 17, 2011

Halfway Through Boot Camp

Well, we are a little more than halfway though the waiting period of boot camp and I am still missing my daughter. I have gotten a few letters, and a couple of phone calls, but terribly short in length....I am very much looking forward to getting to go and see her graduate. I never thought that these long weeks of waiting would be so dramatic. This is nothing similar to a child going off to college, because even though they are far away, you can still talk to them over the phone whenever you want....text and get frequent visits from home. With boot camp, you do not get to call them....you must wait for the Navy to allow them to call you and write you. My heart has ached for just the chance to talk to my darling teen. It seems like she did things in a small lump of time. She graduated in June, turned 18 in August, and then left in Sept.  Time flew so quickly, and reminds me of how very little time we had before she left. Children sure seem to grow up too fast....

1 comment:

Akemi said...

Hello! It's been a while since I talked you. You may not remember me, but I called myself hip mommy at Hip Mommy's Place. I believe that you won a pretty blue dress from one of my giveaways. After my second child was born, I was so busy and stopped blogging. Well, I'm back blogging again with a new name Poppin' Cents. I still have a blog Hip Mommy's Place, but after someone has slightly copied my blog name with her blog (i won't mention names), I decided to change mine to avoid the confusion. Anyways, I am so surprised to see your teenage daughter already graduated from high school and gone off to navy boot camp. It must be really hard for you not be able to contact her when you want to.... I somewhat understand how you feel. My brother used be in the army, so I remember seeing my mom being worried. Hang in there, once her boot camp is over I'm sure that you will be so proud of her at her boot camp graduation. I hope to keep in touch with you. Please visit my blog when you have a chance. www.poppincents.com. Take care and hope to hearing from you soon.