Sunday, April 22, 2007

Helping Others

This morning as I got out of bed, fixed breakfast and let my loving teen sleep in a little, she got into her room, stripped the bedding off and went to put them into the washer. She came to me and asked "do you need your sheets washed?" This is normally the day that I do this. I told her that I could use some help. Oh it was so nice to let someone else do that for me just once. Now, I know that alot of people hire housekeepers to help with the extras, because this is what I do for a living and have done so for about 20 years now. But having my teen offer to help me was a treat in my day. She proceeded to go to her room and clean it up, vaccuming as she normally does on the weekend. But today she has not only helped me with the sheets but she vaccumed the living room as well. Oh I am starting to feel like a "queen for the day". Helping out others is a wonderful thing to give someone every now and then. It doesn't have to be your mother.....it can be any elder, a person in the family, a teacher, a friend. Everyone needs and likes to have something nice done for them every once in awhile, and you will find that someone will turn around and do something nice for you as well. It's not always the person you help that helps you back but someone different. It seems that what comes around goes around and around away back around just as in the Justin Timberlake song sings. Have a great day !!

No comments: