Sunday, May 13, 2007

summer time

With the school year almost over, I have found that we have become increasingly busy. It doesn't seem to be as busy in the middle of the school year, unless it's around the holidays, of course. My daughter will be going to high school next year. Oh boy---this can be a frightening time for them, and for the parent. It's not like I haven't been through this before, I have (4 times before) but this is my baby, the last of the crew. I don't know why, but it just seems that school is costing more and more these days. I still don't know if she will be going to summer school for math or not as she is on the border line with that grade, and to boot--summer school costs!!! Then, in the summer, band will start up and of course, it's ordering time-- a dress they have chosen for band concerts, a band marching uniform, shoes they require and geez, 2 pair of gloves or more. They have also stated that they would like them to continue taking lessons for their instruments. I am starting to feel like what little money I make is going to be sucked out even before it's time to do that traditional "school clothes shopping". Oh well, it's all going for a great cause.. I would much rather her be in band and be busy, than I would be having her home all summer saying "mom, I'm bored and have nothing to do"
Enjoy your summer dear daughter, because once you start high school, it's going to be a busy one.

No comments: