Sunday, May 6, 2007

Your local library

Today is Sunday, and like most Sundays, life seems to slow down a bit, and give me a chance to rest some. At times I feel like the day goes slower than the rest of the days of the week. I know for my dear daughter, this is the very day of the week that she seems to find herself bored. I decided to take her to the local dollar store, and we took a ride to our local library to return her books in the outside slot as they were due. Well, much to my suprize, that library was OPEN----wow. We came back home after returning the books and she seemed like she was searching for something to do. I told her that I would take her and my 2 granddaughters back to the library if they would like to go. Sure enough, an hour later, I drove them back and they spent an hour there, going through the books and checking some out. Now, some libraries are not open on Sundays, and I am shocked ours was, but libraries really do offer our youngins alot these days. Not only can they browse the books, they have magazines as well. What a great deal and it also encourages them to read more. In my daughter's case, it has really helped her reading, especially since she didn't like to read....now she does. yippeeeee.

No comments: