Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Daughter

Well, here it is, Thursday morning. My ex was supposed to come and pick up our daughter on Sunday but he was a no-show. No phone call, no nothing...just plain and simple, did not come. When she tried to call him, he did not answer his phone. Now, this really makes me angry that he cannot even give us a courtesy call. My dear daughter seems to show some sort of understanding, however, I am just tired. I am tired of trying to shield her from how her dad really is, and I have decided to let her find out on her own, without my saying anything against him. I know how this must hurt her, to be stood up by her own father, but what can I say? I have to bite my tongue and be pleasant about it, so I won't upset her. Right now, she is at the tender age of innocence and I don't want to rock the boat. What does a mother do to help her daughter get through times like this? I am very supportive of her and I always try to help smooth over those hurt feelings when he doesn't show up. This just gets my "goat" when he tells her that he's working on a holiday or on a Sunday instead of picking her up for just a quick lunch. That's not much time to have to give up.. I don't understand. I have always felt that children need both parents in their lives, if possible...but what can you do if he doesn't show much interest?

No comments: