Monday, October 22, 2007

Handing Out The Rules

My daughter went to the Homecoming Dance, and that went well. She was dressed up very nicely and she came home telling me about her having a great time at the dance. She also told me that a group of them wanted to go out to get something to eat, but she turned them down because I told her NOT to leave the dance. WOW! I wanted to jump up and down and do the happy dance because she actually listened to me. How did this happen, you might ask? Well, before she left for the dance, I told her that she was not allowed to leave there and go anywhere else. She knows me, and she knows when NOT to push for more. I feel so grateful that she listened to me. I know that going out to eat wasn't going to be anything bad, but I didn't want her to get into someone's car. Do you give your teen rules before they go out? Do you tell them what you expect or don't expect from them? I was just curious.

No comments: