Friday, May 23, 2008

When Your Teen Becomes Secretive

Although I have 4 grown children and 1 teen left, I am still puzzled by the many differences they have. Raising a teen has just gotten so much harder than it used to be, due to the many dangers in this world today. I do have to say though, that my daughter is a very strong young lady and she is head-strong in what's right and wrong, which is a very good thing. Now that she's getting a little older, I have noticed that there are times that she seems a bit secretive, especially when she's on a phone conversation. I know that this is part of growing up and asserting some independence, but what do you do if it's a bit too much? Would you try to listen in on the conversation? Or do you just go about your business and pray that all is well? I think alot of the answer lies in the actions of your child. If you have laid down your boundaries and they are followed, should you let them have their privacy? Do you talk to your teen about what's going on in her life? Luckily, mine does share some things with me, but I'm sure there's still other things that I don't know.

No comments: