Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Tribute To Fathers on Father's Day

Here stood before me as a child, a man who I didn't grow up with. Here stood before me, a man who put in alot of blood, sweat and tears to help raise me, and didn't care that I wasn't his own child. This man treated me with all the love that a father could ever give a child. This man was a step-father, but he loved me like nobody else could. I grew up knowing that he was there for me, and as I grew into an adult, he still backed me up even when I was in the wrong. He never judged me and he never said an ugly word to me. He was a true blessing in my life.
Father's Day is a time when we can gladly show our fathers/stepfathers how much we care about them and how much we appreciate them. I am so glad that I had my stepfather for as long as I did. I miss him so much now, as he passed away on my birthday four years ago. Please celebrate your father/stepdad on Father's Day and show him how much you care. Dad's are a treasure and we need to let them know it!
I wished that my own daughter's father would show her how much he cares, but he just doesn't come around. He is sure missing a beautiful daughter.

No comments: