Monday, July 5, 2010

Teens And Selective Hearing

It seems like the more I give my opinion, the more it's not appreciated. I know that sometimes as parents, we want to give our teens our opinions because we've been there.....done that. My daughter will listen to my advice most of the time, but then there are those times that she acts like it went through one ear and out the other....it's soooooo frustrating. My child is growing up and will be 17 years old next month, and with only one more year of high school to go, she seems to be making pretty good choices in life. However, she doesn't always do what I think she's gonna do and when I point things out to her, it's as if I didn't say anything at all. I thought that most males are the ones that have the selective hearing, but now I have to say it's girls too.....and I am speaking of my teen right now. (sigh).....

No comments: