Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Daughter Will Be Leaving For The Navy Soon !!!!

With only a week to go, my darling teenaged daughter will be going off to the Navy....and I am sad, but happy at the same time. I am trying to spend every last minute that I can with her before she goes to boot camp....because while she's there, I will not be able to call her, only write. She will call me, but only when they allow her to, and it's going to be a long 2 months for me.  Lucky, for me, that she will be graduating right at Thanksgiving time and I will once again get to visit with her. We decided to go to the mall yesterday, something that I rarely do, and we were only there for about 30-45 minutes when she got a phone call. Most of the times, it's texts she gets but this was an actual phone call....and it was the Navy recruiter office.  They told her that the Chief wanted to see her for her 1-week visit and they wanted  her right then and there....she was with me in my car, and didn't give us any time to get her back home so she could drive up to the office, so they came and picked her up from the mall....needless to say, I felt very alone once she left, knowing that this is going to be her future.....I went home. The meeting went well, everything's going great and she will be leaving on Monday to start her MEPS for leaving.  I am saddened because she is my baby, the last one out of 5, already grown children... I have never had an empty nest, having my first born when I was 18....and now at the age of 54, I will finally be called the "empty nester".  I am happy that she is going to have a great future, serving with the Navy, also helping them being a hospital corpsman, but sad at the fact that I will miss my baby girl being at home.  What can I say?  I am a very proud mother.

No comments: