Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Getting over the butterflies

Band camp was yesterday and my dear daughter was so nervous. I had to go to work for a couple of hours and my hubby was home sick. So, I asked my oldest daughter to go and pick her up from camp. When I got home, she was so excited over her first day. She kind of clung on to the other guy she knew from her last year band, and they both ventured out making new friends. She was excited that there weren't just a few flutes playing but around 10-12 of them. She met a girl there, but didn't remember her name, but she has some of the same interests as her and she was happy. Oh joy, I am so happy that things went well. I knew they would. I remember back when I was young, and my parents moved ALOT...within the same city, but I ended up changing schools alot so I knew how she felt. She came home full of excitement and here it is today, another day at band camp. Now, I just need to say, dear daughter, please find out that new girl's name.....lol

1 comment:

Dondi Tiples said...

Hi Debbie, thanks for visiting my blog. Looked through your chihuahua blog (tres cute! too bad we can't have a dog as my oldest has asthma) and your infidelity posts (I don't know what to say except that I really feel for you - no one should have to go through that horrible pain of betrayal over and over again).
I'm glad you're having a great relationship with your kids, though. Will be visiting your blogs again, they're very interesting reads.
You take care...God bless!