Friday, June 1, 2007

A Successful New Start...

at least for the marching camp.. Although it only lasted 3 days, my daughter met some more friends, and she was just bouncing with joy. It makes me feel so happy that she is getting along in a new environment and that she is happy. I have been there and done that when I was young and I know that feeling of butterflies in the stomach, not knowing what you are gonna face, but she did well. She's normally a pretty quiet child, peaceful and delightful, but not always knowing HOW to strike up the conversation first. She is more shy than most, but she seems to make friends pretty good. Band camp will start up again in August and continue until school starts, which will give her another chance at meeting more and connecting with some of the ones she met before classes start. Having confidence is so important and I know my dear daughter, although sometimes shy, will do well in the new school year to follow. Meeting new friends can be terrifying, but a wonderful experience as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

You have a wonderful blog. I enjoy reading your writing. You are a very amazing talented individual. Please keep up the excellent work!

Michelle Knudson, Freelance Writer
www.michelleknudson.com

Magaritas said...

Thankyou so much. You are very kind.