Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Teens and Boys

I can't tell you how much I wish that these days and times weren't so much to have to worry about. Back when I was a kid, we didn't have so much worry. In today's times, you almost have to worry about everything. I have raised 4 children already so this last daughter of mine, being the baby, really has me on my toes. You might think that after raising the others, that I would be tired. Oh yes, you are correct.....I am. But, no matter how tired I am, I must stick to my principles and do the best job that I can for her.
I am talking about boys this morning. You know, those gangly tall, some with braces some not, boys who is most definetly the apple of their mother's eye. My dear darling daughter has really not had much interest in boys through middle school but now that she has started high school, that's another story. She seems to attract them and I sit here wishing that she was still uninterested, but the cold hard fact that she has, has hit our home. My daughter was liking one boy for a month, then another one for about a week, she took about a week or two break and yesterday she lets me know that she likes another boy now. Geez, slow down kid !!! Thank goodness though, that it's not serious stuff yet. Do you think that I can wipe the sweat off my brow yet?

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Just found your blog and had to laugh. As I write this, I've got approx. 15 8th graders on my back deck. It's a gorgeous fall night here in B'ham and we have a fire going and everyone is just hanging out, eating chips and junk food. My daughter loves to have friends over and I guess I should be happy that she wants to hang out at home versus at the mall or at the movies. I love the fact that I personally know almost every one of these kids (a couple new faces, but not many ... most are neighborhood kids and friends she's had since elementary school). She's the oldest of 2 girls so this is all new to me!!! And yes, times have definately changed since I was a kid!