Thursday, May 1, 2008

Driving at Age Fourteen

Driving is a good thing, but a 14 yr. old is really not mature enough to get behind the wheel on a regular basis, day in and day out. Not that my daughter can't drive, as I have let her practice around the block or on a back road, but today's drivers can really be dangerous. I have found that many people don't turn on their turning signals when turning, nor do they practice politeness. Not everyone, but a good majority, and really, that's why I feel that it takes some maturity to get behind the wheel, and knowing how to react to someone that's in a hurry while driving. It's not you, my dear daughter, it's the other guy that I worry about. When you get another year older and take drivers ed, then I will feel more comfortable about the driving thing!

No comments: