Saturday, July 12, 2008

Do Today's Teens Expect Too Much?

Wow, what a million dollar question. The answer, of course, is yes. Most teens are so used to having everything that they want, that sometimes it's hard to keep up with the "wish" list. I do agree that in today's times, there are a whole lot more to want. There are multiple electronic gadgets and that cell phone is a "must." I think that it all depends on your particular situation. My daughter has things, not everything that she wants, of course, but a good portion of the things on her "want" list. The more that my daughter makes good choices in life, the more likely she is to keep her electronics things. For me, it has been a good incentive tool in her making good grades in school, keeping her room clean and washing her own clothes and keeping up with her bedsheets and blankets. What tricks and tools do you use to keep your teens in check? Do today's teens deserve all that they get? I would have to say some don't, but my daughter has really done a great job at earning what she's got. I think that if I were to give in to all that she wants, she would have no reason to work for anything. Heck, once they get grown and out on their own, they have to learn how to work for what they have. I am just trying to show her that it's not always easy to have everything without some sort of work involved.

No comments: