Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is Raising Boys Or Girls Hardest?

Raising children is a chore in itself, but what about raising a daughter? Is is any harder than raising a son? Well, I guess that depends on your point of view. I have 5 children and my oldest is a girl, then I had a boy, a girl, another boy and my last one is a girl. I have had my share of ups and downs with both the girls and the boys but I will say that raising a girl, you have to deal with hormones. Yes, boys have them too, but I think you need to be extra careful with the girls. Do you have a good relationship with your teen? If not, maybe it's good time to try and open the doors of communication. Start by talking about light hearted subjects, showing your interest in what they are actually saying. I will have to admit, some of the things that might come out of their mouths can be quite shocking at times, but try and keep an open mind. Thank goodness my daughter and I are very open and honest in our relationship. I count my blessings every day.

No comments: