Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Teen Role Models

The grammys came and went, and then on the news I hear about Chris Brown getting arrested for assault. This is a young man, only 19 years of age, who has his whole life in front of him, and at this time of his life, he has had the great fortune to make alot of money with his music. So, when he does something, teens listen. What about Miley Cirus and all the hoop-la we have heard about her that gets people turning their brows up. She is in a position of being a role model as well. Not just these 2 young people out there, but many others who are in positions that our teens look up to. Honestly, if I had been able to make that kind of money and success at their ages, I think that I would have to say that I would have been more careful about the things that I do, especially when others are looking on. They live in the public eye for goodness sakes! I told my darling daughter that everyone in life makes mistakes but there's always a price that you pay if you make the wrong choices in life. You don't have to be famous to learn that type of lesson. Make the right choices in life, doing what you know is right and treat others the way that you want to be treated. And if it so happens that you DO make mistakes, because we all do, you just have to get right back up and correct them. I guess, easier said than done. Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It just goes to show that celebrities do not always make good role models. We have to teach our children that people are not perfect and that just because somebody is famous doesn't make them "good."