Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Daughter's Quinceanera---Looking Back

Now that my daughter has an official driver's permit and is learning the ins and outs of driving in the real world, I have stopped to ponder back at some of her growing up moments. Looking back at her quinceanera last year, I have to say that I am so glad that I did that for her. It's a very special moment in a girl's life and she will have that memory with her forever. My daughter is not one who has to have the designer jeans or the expensive shoes....she's just about a teen, living in the real world, understanding that parents just cannot afford all those expensive things in life all the time. She does have her preferences about her clothing, though, so I will give her that. She is a pure and natural beauty. I am glad that her quinceanera gave her a celebration with her friends and family, enjoying the glamour of wearing a crown and a beautiful gown, high heels and being the center of attention. Just make sure that if you give your daughter one, you get some good pictures and video, that will last a lifetime. My how my teen is really growing up fast.

No comments: