Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School's Back In Session

Today was the first day back to school and my poor dear darling daughter was very nervous....and not because it was a new school or anything, but just because. Sometimes teen daughters just have those feelings of uneasiness, but it's okay....I know that by the end of the school day, she will come home all excited about seeing her friends again and talking about the new classes she has.
Give your teen moral support and let her/him know that you understand their nervousness but that everything will be fine. Show interest in their new classes and what they have going on. For me, I enjoy hearing all about what she's thinking and what's going on with her, and I think this keeps the door open for a great parent/child (teen) relationship.

No comments: