Sunday, September 26, 2010

Do You Really Know Your Teen?

Have you gotten to really know who your teen daughter is? I mean, you raise them and everything seems wonderful until they hit that age of hormonal distress....then it's another issue. I feel that you cannot be their best friend and still maintain being in charge at all times but somewhere in the middle is a good place to be. My daughter and I are close, so close that when she's upset.... I know it.  But here of late, she is starting to leave me out of why. I think it's the hormones kicking in and out. I don't know why it has to be so difficult raising a teen daughter but sometimes it can be. Yesterday she was upset about something and she acted as if it was my fault. I have done nothing so I asked her about it.  All she says is for me to just leave her alone. I am not used to her saying that.  I tried again last night to find out what is bothering her, but she still won't speak about it. I have a pretty good idea of what it is, but she just doesn't want to budge....what can be done when they act like this? when they don't want to share?  I say just give it some time. Walk away and let things set a little bit, because just like the changing weather, hormones change too.  I love you my darling teen. ...don't ever forget that I am here for you.

No comments: