Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Daughter's Decision For After High School......

Honestly, I wasn't quite sure how I was going to start this post, or even get through it but I am doing my best. As a mother of five, I think that I have done pretty well on parenting.  And it doesn't get easier as it goes along because each child is different. My darling daughter made a final decision on going into the Navy...only because she wants something different in her life. She didn't want to go to college, live in a dorm and stuggle with paying back the loans....she wanted to go into the Navy.  With that decision, I told her that no matter what she decided that she would have to be convicted about her decision...she HAD to re-take that ASVAB test again to make above a 50 to be considered a high score and get a better chance at a good job.  She studied and she studied hard. She soon found herself confident enough to re-take ....and she did. With a 68 score, she did it!  I am very proud of her....what was next ....came the MEPS  which is basically Military Entrance Processing ....SHE PASSED EVERYTHING!   She even got a job.  and not only a job, but a VERY GOOD job.  She got Hospital Corpsman, meaning basically a medical job, like a nurse or someone who will be taking care of those who are wounded or sick in the Navy or Marines.  I am EXTREMELY proud.....What a wonderful decision...and what a great career she will have when she comes out of service. WOOOOO HOOOO !!!!

No comments: