Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Teenager Growing Up

Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday that I brought her home from the hospital. Tiny and petite, sweet and loving. My daughter used to be extremely shy for a long time, until the last two years in high school. I don't know if her having a horse and jumping in competitions helped, or it was the fact that her brothers and sisters got her out of her shell of quietness, but she's not quiet and shy anymore. High school is done, and I might add, senior year seemed to be the  best year of them all.  Quicker than lightning, and soon she will be 18, actually next month.  My baby will be an adult.
 I don't know if it's the fact that she's the baby, having already raised 4 before her, or  if it's the fact that she will soon go into the Navy, and will be out seeing the world,  but I feel like time has flown. I am not sure how I am going to deal with an "empty nest." Most of my friends have already experienced that empty nest years before me, and in fact, my oldest grandchild IS already 18. Sounds wierd, I know, but very true. Very soon, boot camp will begin, and my darling daughter will spread her wings and experience the world..... I will soon be able to say that I am a proud mother of a sailor in the Navy.

No comments: