Wednesday, February 28, 2007

that dreaded subject of boys !!!

This is a topic that is very hard to have to deal with for me, as I got married the first time when I was only 17. Heck, back in my time, it was ok to do that, plus, I was raised with the notion that you got married to be a housewife and there were very little divorces. Wow... times have really changed. I raised my older 2 girls to be able to stand on their own 2 feet, without a man, if need be and to be able to support themselves however, when I raised them, marriage was still pretty much the way to go. Today is even more liberal. Today's women are much more free.
Here is my advice to my daughter on boys.

1. Don't date until you are ready.
2. Don't let him tell you what to do, push you around or make ugly comments towards you... because that is NOT okay.
3. Don't get serious with a guy who doesn't have a job and a car. Now, I am talking about the ones that are old enough of course, and that especially means that if they don't have the money to take you out, you should not have to pay for all the dates.
4. Don't let a guy make you feel like you should do something because he wants you to do it and if it's uncomfortable to you, then don't.
5. Always follow that gut feeling inside...it's actually telling you something.
6. Don't get involved in a guy who does things you are against because that will always cause a riff.
7. Don't fall for every line. Alot of it is a crock. Young men are not ready to settle down yet.
8. Treat a guy how you would like to be treated. And if you don't get that same treatment back then he's not worth it.
9. Not every boyfriend will work out. You will go through alot of trial and error while dating, which is a good thing, so you can find out what you want for your future.
10. Think long and hard before you go out and have sex or do something that you will regret.

oh man, I think that's it for today. This is a subject that I could probably write a book about. I have made so many mistakes in my past, and Thank goodness, I can still write about it.

No comments: