Monday, October 1, 2007

Ridiculous Situation

My darling daughter is such a sweet girl. She is not really as grown up as alot of girls her age, however, she has recently become more sociable. She has made some new friends at her school, despite that fact that all of her last year's friends went to the new school in our city. She has done pretty well. She seems very well adjusted and I have to say, I am so happy about that.
However, it seems that boys are now coming into the picture. She has made quite a few friends that are male. I remember when I was a teen, that I connected really well with boys as friends too. This past weekend though, one friend (male) came over to see her and they were sitting in the front room with my hubby and I watching tv.........then another guy came over to see her. Without a doubt, this was a very difficult thing as they both wanted her attention. They know each other, but don't really hang out together and this made things a little more tense. What do you do about this kind of situation? They were getting along alright, but I could see how they were both wanting to be "top dog". I felt so relieved when one guy finally left and then I took the other one home. On top of all this, she didn't know they were coming over, at least not at the same time. Have any of you had this happen, and if so, what did you do about it?

No comments: