Monday, May 24, 2010

Boyfriends

What do you do about a teen daughter's boyfriend that seems to be mr. nice and wonderful, and then one day out of the blue, he starts making your daughter feel bad? There have been times when I found myself wanting to go and get him by the ear and give him a piece of my mind, but of course, I cannot do that. What I am thankful for is that she talks to me and I listen to what she has to say about it. I give her my opinion, but I don't tell her what she HAS to do, because I know that she will turn away from it. At this stage of being a teen, she is struggling to become an adult. I want her to know what IS acceptable in a relationship and what ISN'T, but without being too overbearing. I hate seeing my daughter cry because the boy has said something ugly to her or making her feel that she did something wrong. Keeping my eyes open for any signs of anything wrong, I am here for my lovely daughter. Being a mother of a teen is certainly challenging.

No comments: